July 19th – Saturday
A quick
amendment from yesterday it was Judith’s birthday, we have been having a hard
time nailing down the ending on her name but I think we have it now. ;-)
The
quince madness has official struck again! Yesterday the place was abuzz with activity
for next week’s festivities. It is exciting to be a part of all the hustle and
bustle to get stuff ready for this milestone. Really the quince is almost as
bad as a wedding. I worked on sewing curtains. Arielle worked on perfecting the
perfect hairstyle. The girls and Lilia worked on a display board with Leo’s
name and a bunch of pictures of her, it is really cute. These activities took up most the day.
In the
evening Arielle, Maria and I took the younger set of girls to one of the little
neighbor girls birthday party. This involved many outfits for the girls as they
had to be dressed just right, even though it was a casual event. Humana was all
dolled up in a precious pink dress, we borrowed some nice white shoes from the
neighbor for her and she was prancing around showing off her outfit.
When we
got there it was similar to most backyard birthdays. The children ran crazy and
played in the bounce house. The adults all sat and made polite conversation or
stared off into space. They served pineapple soda and I have to say I’m
developing a taste for the different pineapple flavored juices and sodas. They
also had some type of nut that was soaked in a chili sauce with onions, they
were yummy. Since we are on the topic of food I’m just going to tell about all
the food but this is not in chronological order. They served these plates that
had three tacos on them and they were all bursting with flavor, so good! Plus a
cake, with ice cream and cupcakes for the ninos. There was a lot of good food.
Bunny
trail over back to the birthday party. You might remember me commenting on
making a lot of glitter letters and shapes for the quince but I wasn’t sure
what it spelt. Well I figured it all out last night, they weren’t for the quince
they were for this birthday party! It spelled some form of the word “happy” and
then the child’s name. It was the child’s name that had me confused because I didn’t
realize it was a name and I just could not work the letters into a saying that
you would display at a quince. Not to mention I really didn’t think they
matched the rest of the decorations we were making.
The
party was Dora themed. The cake and cupcakes were adorable! Then they had a
Dora piñata which was about four feet tall! The piñata brought about the normal
excitement that you would expect. But when all was said and done, no child was
hurt and everyone got at least one piece of candy. There were also goody bags
for the children so there was no lack of sugar!
Once again due to the bad state of the SD card I'm waiting to post the pictures. The casing is cracked and I don't think it will survive many more trips back and forth between the laptop and the camera.
5 comments:
I bet I could slide one in a card and mail that to you in Mexico if you have a Mexican address. OR I have one here I can slip into the box that goes out in the a.m. to Bill and Fayth.
That would be great!
TACOS!
I thought about you as I ate them, it was the first tacos we've had. Although we have had lots or tortilla they come with every meal :-)
Aaaaawwww Birthday parties and pinatas! :)
Bre D
Post a Comment