July 23rd –
Wednesday
Today we had a lot of visitors!
The day started off normal enough, I was helping to cut up veggies for lunch
and Arielle came out of the room and slept on the floor in the TV room.
Eventually Arturo and I took the children into the chapel and we had devotions.
We had a nice long devotional time and covered many topics.
We had finished up when a couple
pastors from Magdalena showed up. They had a nice chat with Arturo. Arielle was
hanging out with the children and I was puttering around the kitchen with the
ladies. A little later Arielle went and laid down in our room, and we were
getting ready for lunch when Bill, Fayth and Gloria showed up. They do prison
ministry on Wednesday, but when they arrived at the prison there were riots and
they weren’t allowed in, so rather than letting the food, they prepared, go to
waste they brought it down to us.
We all had a nice lunch of
Macaroni and Cheese and Green Beans. Well except Arielle who had a little rice
instead of the Macaroni with Hot Dogs. It was enjoyable to catch up with them
for a little bit. Some of us ladies went and showed Fayth and Gloria the
different quince “stuff.”
After they left Arielle and I
went and looked up crafts ideas to do with the children that evening. We
decided on sun catchers. I was in the craft room glue the frames together when
two pastors from Arizona showed up, they are bringing a team at the end of next
month and came down to discuss logistics. Everyone was hunkering down to get
through the heat again and Arielle and I decided to do the same.
Wednesday night service went
well. The children are getting use to us and are behaving a lot better. Elandra,
is a huge help! I showed her the craft in advance and explained what we were
doing and she kept them all on task.
Later that evening after the
last round of company had gone home. We went to have prayer in the chapel. It
was an amazing time of prayer and I believe the Lord really showed up. I will
eventually write more about it, but I’m processing some stuff first. :-)
One of my friends on Facebook posted this the other day and I think it sums up the weather here nicely!
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear behavior issues are improving!
Me too :-) it was rather rough there for a while
Post a Comment