Sunday, July 06, 2014

July 3rd



July 3rd - Thursday
                Today was a great day! They are currently fasting in the morning until 1 pm and starting the day with two hours of prayer, devo and worship. They have asked that one of us share something each morning so this morning I shared about Ruth and Lilia translated. (Ladies, I thought of ya’ all,  I wasn’t able to go into all the amazing truths of a Kinsman Redeemer.) We then taught them Trading Sorrows in English and sang that a couple of times.
                After an hour Lilia took us three to go discuss plans for the rest of the time that we are here, while the children finished up their prayer time. She showed us the craft/library room and explained what their schedule is like. We will be teaching English while we are here. She also showed us the sewing room, where they make the most adorable sock monkeys and aprons that they sell to raise money for the orphanage. I will be helping to teach the younger girls how to sew a couple times a week.
                We spent the next three hours planning English lessons for Friday, Saturday and next week. We also cleaned out and organized the craft/library room. This is a universal problem I have discovered; apparently craft supplies are very crafty and jump out of their places in all cultures!
                We then ate lunch, did some dishes and Jamin and I played some futball while Arielle had her hair done. Eventually Jamin and I snuck away and took a quick nap while Arielle continued to have her hair done and then watched Frozen (It is enjoyable in Spanish too). I came in near the beginning of Frozen and after watching a few minutes went and helped prepare Corzo  (that is problem spelled extremely wrong). I helped tinker around the kitchen and food pantry for a bit. Then Alex, one of the adult workers, and I went and dropped off some food to the neighbors. Jamin woke up and we all watched the end of Frozen.
                The rest of the afternoon/evening was filled with futball, volleyball and conversations. Alex has been helping us with our Spanish, he doesn’t speak English though. So we first nail down what we are talking about and then he tells us the Spanish word and we tell him the English word. This has been helpful, although I think I have forgotten most the words he has told me. But I am trying and it is defiantly emersion here so stuff will start sticking.
          Artura arrived back from taking some of the girls to play futball with another orphanage in the area. He then shared about his life and how the Emuris Kid’s Kingdom came about. It was enlightening and enjoyable to hear his heart and how God orchestrated the whole thing. We then had dinner and called it a night.
                For those of you who don’t keep tracking of such things it is Monsoon season in Mexico right now. So the first Monsoon of the season hit are yesterday, it wasn’t very large though. Followed by a slightly larger one today. The sky has been almost constantly overcast promising to dump rain at any minute. There has been sporadic lightning and thunder which is great. Alex taught us all the words involved in these storms, if I understood and am remembering them all right (he is night showing us spelling so these are me trying to interpret the sound using the English alaphabet); U-V is rain, nueve is the clouds, tunando is thunder, then there are two words for lightning depending on if it’s a strike or cloud to cloud but I know I’m confusing those in my head so I’m not even going to try. Anyways we had a nice rain fall in the afternoon. 

4 comments:

Poppyseed Vintage said...

Haha @ the universal craft room dilemma!!

Kent Bradley said...

Pesky craft supplies!

Anonymous said...

:):):) I must start this out with smiles. We can feel the adventure you are having in Mexico with children. So precious! Sounds like you won't be sitting around bored. Sounds like you are in a place that likes organization. So good for kids.

Please love the kids and hug them for us. Praying God Blesses you and Arielle much. love/prayers - 2G's T.

Krista said...

It really is crazy how craft supplies cant stay put