July 14th – Monday
Lilia
and Artura needed to go help out at the neighbors with everything that was
going on. So a gentleman from the church came to hang out with the children. He
is a baker and taught the children how to make cookies and pastries. This was
interesting to watch and they tasted good. They used a dates, cinnamon and
sugar mixture for the sweetener.
Arielle
and I also had a pleasant conversation with Lilia and Artura. It was nice to
hear their heart on this ministry and where God has taken it. They are a faith
based ministry and a lot of time it is a stretch if they will pay the bills.
They have had $2 in their account all month and that is what they have to make
it this month. But somehow God provides.
They
had the service for the deceased in the evening. They asked Arielle and I to
keep all the children from the orphanage in the eating area and away from the
service right before service started. I’m not positive why they decided this
was necessary I would guess it was a space issue or maybe minor don’t attend
funerals. Anyways we pulled out some playduh and tried our best to maintain
control. We really do need to learn some Spanish phrases for this issue it is
becoming a big problem.
We
warmed up some leftovers and made up some extra noodles for dinner and sent
everyone to bed. Oh we set a new late for lunch today, 4 pm! I think that is
about as late as you can push it before you get into the skipping lunch and
calling it dinner.
Oh so
Arielle and I never left the different buildings today but check out the pile
of dirt I got off my feet and then how dirty our feet are! The crazy thing is
they actually swept and mopped today ;-) .
The other day they locked Arielle out because they were trying to mop and
every time she came in she left footprints in their newly mopped floor ;-). Shortly after this picture when we were in the bathroom getting ready for bed Arielle said it wasn't dirt it was a tan. I informed her we were leaving our tan all over the wet bathroom floor...
Oh another thing that has been exciting to watch is what we find outside our bedroom door. Today it was really clean and a door mat has appeared. We will see what comes later :-)
2 comments:
Have been praying for all of you. I don't think I approve of this "tan thing" you have going on.
It's a natural tan ;-)
Post a Comment