July 16th – Wednesday
Bobbies and rubber bands not needed for this do!
One might ask; why Arielle and I
are sporting such amazing new hair fashion and how you might acquire this look?
Well, continue to read and all the answers will become clear!
This morning when we woke up there
was a buzz in the air. Everyone was up, everything was getting a deep cleaning
and all the mattresses were out on the cement being aired out. We quickly
picked up from the girls that there were three new girls coming. Arielle and I
speculated that maybe when the government drops off new children they do an
inspection and that was why we were all of a sudden cleaning in such a frenzied
fashion. (A quick note the place was not a mess before all the cleaning took
place). We decided it would probably be a good day to deep clean out room, so
we did, we even made the beds.
The activity was dying down so I grabbed
my laptop to blog and was just sitting down to start when Lilia came over and
asked Arielle and I to take all the girls to the girls house and put Menthol
Vapor rub on their scalps and then to wrap them in plastic. So we all dutifully
marched over to their house and started this lengthy process. It soon became
clear that there was some form of head bugs going around, not lice. You should
have seen all of us ladies with our heads wrapped in plastic wrap! Also the
smell of the vapor rub was extremely strong, I think we will all have clear
sinus for a while.
As everyone started combing through
each other’s hair they discovered three bugs in Arielles hair. You should have
seen her face she was really indignant and informed me that “I did not give
them permission to be on my head!” Later as the girls were coming through her
hair they found a zit that was bleeding and they all started freaking out.
Which led to Arielle going “What did they find! Is there a swarm of bugs, Do I
HAVE CANCER!!!” I assured her she was fine and going to live. They also found a
bug in my hair. All that being said I want it to be know that they really do a
great job at keeping the place clean. Sometimes though when you have this many
girls in one place though it just happens.
All the plus side we got all of our
bedding washed. But a bad side effect is we all have really oily hair. Arielle
and I are probably the worse though since are blonde hair is naturally really
oily. Last night at the church service all the ladies were discussing our hair
and the bugs found in it. It is really a good thing we are easy going about our
image. The little girls during worship kept putting our hair in weird shapes
and giggling because it would stay. One of the ladies last night suggested that
we use liquid dish soap and it will get it out. We have already tried fabric
softener, laundry soap, and 3 different shampoos.
Anyways back to the rest of the
day. We had yummy enchiladas for lunch. After this Arielle and I did an
interview with Arturo and Lilia, see previous post. We then helped the girls
move their mattresses back into their rooms.
I had a nice long talk with Arturo
about the ministry here and some of the stuff that has been happening. Also how
God has been moving and speaking to people. It was a refreshing conversation.
However when we looked at the clock we had a half hour till the evening service
started.
Arielle and I decided to assume
that we had the children and set up a craft for them. We had everything that
the children would need/get for their crafts already divided and set out on the
tables. The children came in and first were extremely confused that they got to
create whatever kind of collage they wanted with the supplies but once they
caught on they had a great time. The best part was that chaos never reigned!
The service was followed by dinner
and then we headed to bed. The new girls did not show up today, maybe tomorrow.
2 comments:
I love that making the bed was part of a "deep clean" ;)
No it wasn't part of the deep clean it was going the extra mile, AFTER the deep clean ;-)
Post a Comment