July 26th – Saturday
Today
began in a lazy fashion. After I got up and took a shower Arielle asked me to
do a lice treatment on her because her head was really itching. She blames me
because I made the beds yesterday, and every time we make the beds we have a
problem. The nice thing is we were able to use the stuff Jamin sent us so there
is no grease hair involved. While doing this we worked on uploading pictures
and talked to Mom on Skype.
After
getting all the pictures uploaded and the blog posted, it was a lengthy process
due to the volume of pictures. We headed inside and had brunch and chatted with
everyone else. Lilia read the blog to the youth and they all noticed my
misspelling of their names… I have been spelling them phonetically using the
English alphabet and well they are supposed to be spelled using the Spanish
alphabet.
As is
the case following any large birthday party there was a pile of gifts to be
opened.
After
opening the gifts we went into the church for devotions. It was rather warm in
the church. After devotions we were told it was nap time for the next hour or
two. We didn’t need to be told twice! After are nap we went out and everyone
was hunkered down to survive the heat. Eventually Arielle and I went to the
ladies house and played a variety of games with Martha and Citlaly (formally
SicklaLee). Arielle and I had been discussing making grass whistles before we
were invited over so we had grass with us and started making whistles. Well we
then showed them how, but then they showed us how they whistle. I’m telling you
I have never seen so many different ways to whistle! Arielle and I picked one
form that we thought we could figure out and worked on it, I’m happy to
announce I can do a decent job with that whistle now. The rest of the afternoon
was spent in heat avoiding activities.
While
we were serving up dinner Xochitl (formally Suchee) asked if we would like to
go on a walk. We said YES! We had a nice relaxing walk, there was a monsoon
coming in so it had cooled off and was pleasant. This time we went right out of
the compound and saw what was that way. When we got back we helped with dinner
clean up.
There
was a ton of lightning, almost continues. So Arielle and I sat and watched it
for a while. But it wasn’t long before Martha and Citlaly came over and
indicated they wanted to give us piggy back rides. After going back and forth
we gave in and got on their backs. After they gave us a ride it was of course
our turn to give them a ride. Which led to races, and eventually, to chicken fighting
on the cement instead of in a pool. It was fun, except for the chicken
fighting, and we switched back and forth on who was carrying someone. Near the
end Humana came out and Arielle and I started carrying her because it was safer
and she is a lot lighter.
We then
called it a night and fell asleep to the bright flashes of lightning, the rolls
of thunder and the pounding of the rain.
5 comments:
Crazy weather! Heather said that peanut butter might work to get the vapor rub out of your hair. ....if you ever end up in that situation again ;p
Bre D
Good to know, but I haven't seen peanut butter around how about lard instead? ;-)
No peanut butter? Horrors! Looks like a good day.
interesting day. what does peanut butter do to help? I'd hate to waste the yummy stuff. :):)love/prayers and PTL for how you two have fit in so well. G'Ma t.
Peanut butter is suppose to help with vapor rub in your hair.
Post a Comment