Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Another Monday



July 21st – Monday
                First an update on Arielle her fever is down and she is alert this morning, the 22nd, she still has a mild fever and a sore throat but she is doing much better. Thank you all for your prayers.


Back to the 21st.
                Arielle woke up feeling better than Sunday. I got up and decided that we REALLY needed to do our laundry, so after my shower I started the laundry process. Arielle eventually came out and helped hang the clothes up. After that I went ahead and swept and mopped the room. Martin was asking about Arielle again so I went and told her that if she was feeling well enough to be about she might want to go check in with her protector.
                I had three curtains to finish from Saturday so Arielle turned a movie on, on my ipad and pinned the curtains while she and a collection of children watched the movie. They kept trying to change it to Spanish it was rather amusing being the one who could understand the movie for once. After I finished the first curtain a couple of the children wanted to help. So I had one operating the pedal and another pulling the pins out after we had passed them. For the most part this worked well, although there were a few times when my frantic “Alto, Alto!” was not heeded fast enough.
                After lunch the ladies were practicing their dance for the quince. We watched for a little bit and then checked on clothes and watched some more. They finished practicing and we were just hanging out in the chapel, it was cooler than outside by a long shot. When Lilia and Arturo arrived, they had been running some errands. We helped unload the car and then were chilling outside. We noticed that once again some of the children had these really yummy frozen fruit things in baggies. This time though we took action and asked where they were getting them and how we could get some. This led to them taking us to the neighbors house, she sales them out of her kitchen. Arielle and I were able to buy us a JellEtO and they were great especially in the heat.
                Arielle and I then made a dessert. It was two cans of evaporated milk, 2 cans of sweet and condensed milk and the juice from 16 limes. All blended together and then layered with these cookies that look like vanilla wafers. It is in the fridge for now.
                We then took Humana with us, or she followed, and went to our bedroom to chill for a little bit. As I have noted before Humana like to stash everything in our closet. Well Arielle was watching her and I was working on blog stuff. Arielle commented that she had my contact case, my contacts were in it because my eyes have been irritated. I didn’t think too much about this because she has played with it before and never opened it. Arielle followed true Arielle fashion and fell asleep. Eventually I looked up and Humana was dumping the contact solution from my case on her hair. I promptly jumped up to see if I could find and save my contacts. I found one of them on the floor, Humana then showed me how she had eaten the other one but it didn’t taste good so she threw the other on the floor ;-). Luckily I have another set with me, but I decided it was time for Humana and I to go see what everyone else was upto.
                Later the girls were showing Arturo the dance and demonstrating his part of the dance. We, Arielle woke up at this point, were watching and Humana was trying to dance along. Arielle and Humana were mimicking everything that the girls were doing. It was rather cute. Arturo made some suggestions on things that could be changed and the girls went to work to make the adjustments. At one point they had Arielle and I do the dance with them.






                It was during all of this that I noticed that Arielle was really hot. We had her go take some more medicine and lay down. She had developed a nasty fever and was out of it for the rest of the night. Lilia gave her some antibiotics to help and she is doing better this morning. I had a couple of the girls take me to the local store to get some Sprite for her. On the way we past some girls playing jump rope so of course we stopped and played for a little bit. We then bought the Sprite and played a little more. Then we brought it back to Arielle. When I gave it to her instead of drinking it she started cuddling with it. I informed her she was suppose to drink it, and proceeded to put a new cold compress on her head.
                Lilia worked on creating the perfect doll for the quince. It is a part of the service, I will write about all of the different elements of the service after Friday when I see it all put together. But the doll is given up as a symbol of leaving your childhood behind. I have to say how amazing it is all the work that Lila and Arturo are putting into this quince and it isn’t even their blood child. I don’t know if there are many orphanages that would go through all this work to put on a quince for one of the orphans.
                Oh one more quick note, as I grabbed Pink Elephant last night to go to sleep I noticed that his belly was a little bigger than normal. I figured either he had been eating some of the beans, which was unlikely since he is a stuffed animal, or Humana had stashed something in him. I took him apart and found my spare car key, a tea packet, some pepto tablets and a hair rubber band. I’m not sure when she discovered you could put stuff in his belly, but she has ;-).

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

So glad to hear she is better this a.m.

Anonymous said...

Humana sounds like a cutie: ) definitely keeping you on your toes ;p
Glad arielle is improving: )
Bre D