This week we had VBS. The first night we had about 15 kids, we fluctuated a little on who was there but the numbers always stayed between 15 and 20.
Our theme was Adventures with Paul from Acts. I taught the 4 - 6 year olds, a couple of the guys from the y team were my helpers. It was so much fun! I love teaching little kids, I averaged around 10 kids each night. They varied in their English knowledge but most of them could at least understand English even if they could not speak it.
We had a lot of little girls and a few boys. It was really precious to see how well they were remembering the stories and how excited they were to come to class each night.
There is more I would like to share but this is to public a place...
Oh a random piece of information from this week. So I have been in Turkey since May 22nd and it was 2 days before I left the country. The whole time I had managed to get away without having to wear a head scarf. Well the more traditional beliefs affiliate wet hair with marital relations, so in conservative areas ladies aren't allowed to go out with wet hair. I had checked when I arrived in Antalya and was told it was okay to walk around with wet hair here. Well us ladies went swimming and then after changing at the Bultema's we were heading out to get lunch and do VBS, when the lady who cleans for the Bultema's saw that we had wet hair. She lives in a conservative village, Duden, so she told us we could not leave with wet hair. The other girls all tied there hair up and it was fine, but I had to borrow a scarf to cover my head. So with two days left I ended up having to cover my head...
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
But so glad you had that experience. LOL
Post a Comment