Today was a chill day a day to continue to recover from camp. I was able to get a hold of the family on skype, which was AMAZING!!!!
I then walked to the place to put money on my bus pass. After this I walked to the grocery store and picked up some items. I then went and added some minutes to my phone. Right next door was a clothing store that had some nice stuff for a good price so I stopped and looked around out of curiosity. It was a little overwhelming at first when I went in because I did not understand the sizes and the sales guy was talking very aggressively in Turkish. After about 5-10 minutes of this he looked at me and said “English?” The guy actually spoke perfect English! It was really funny… he and his assistant helped me figure out my size and find a couple of pairs of shorts and a shirt all for 20 TL. At one point though they had given me a pair of shorts to try and they were rather short, I was talking to the assistant person who spoke broken English and I said I did not like them and he said “oh to long?” I was like no they are too short. He seemed so shocked, it was a sad testimony of people’s views.
We finished the evening with a movie, reading a book, and talking.
1 comment:
We loved talking to you too chill days are nice!
Post a Comment