All of us ladies were in need of haircuts and Renata said that she would take us to her place and translate for us. So Tressa and I met her at her place and we all walked to the hair dressers. The first thing we noticed upon going inside was that the hair dressers were all men. There were a few ladies there but they were doing nails. I later asked and in Turkey hair cutting is a man’s business. Also a bunch of ladies were coming in with wet hair and they would blow dry and style it for them for their day. They apparently do this everyday before work. When it was my turn to get my hair cut the gentleman was not happy about my hair. He told Renata who was translating that it was a problem…I get my hair done at the beauty school in Springfield and the last time the lady really did mess up my layers…The whole time he kept making faces and showing me the bad layers. For all of his fussing he actually made it look really good. We were laughing though because the other three people that got their hair done it was all the flipped out Turkish look, and mine was the straight with a puff Turkish look. It was a educational Turkish experience.
Tressa and I then went back to the Bultema’s and worked some more on Duden stuff. We finished getting everything ready to go to the printers and then saved it onto a thumb drive. We then walked to the grocery store with Meg and Tyler and purchased some snacks which we sat down and ate. They then took our stuff and their stuff to the printers and Tressa and I headed home.
That night we had a ladies night, full of normal ladies night type of stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment