This mornings Word study went a bit smoother but it still was not great :-(
It was my goal to be able to go and help with the snorkeling today but on realistically evaluating my ankle I decided it was not really wise, and Jess was still more than willing to fill in. So I agreed to once again cover kayaking for her in exchange for her covering my elective. But as I was helping people find equipment it was decided that the water was just to rough to be taking people sailing, kayaking, or snorkeling. So instead we were going to have a beach bash. Now that was something I could do! We ended up doing lots of relay type stuff on the beach and it was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy. I ended up joining a team partway through because one of there players was not feeling well. Unfortunately my team lost by two points :-( the real bummer thing is we received a three point penalty because one of our guys decided to break a water balloon over Max's, in charge of it all, head.... They had all agreed that the losing team would buy the winning team ice cream so I ended up buying ice cream. Oh the last thing we did was an endurance thing, we all had to hold a life jacket straight out and keep it up, everyone that dropped lost points. In the end out of the ten people on my team it was four of us girls and one guy, this was funny because when starting all the guys had been telling us girls not to let them drop because we needed this to win...
We then had lunch, which if you guessed it was a sandwich you guessed right!
Following lunch is siesta time when everyone is suppose to take a nap. Well the hiking elective had been working on building these bridges and they wee almost done and really wanted to finish them. So Manny, heading up that elective, received permission to keep some of his kids up to work on them. Quite a few of my ladies were helping so I went and helped as well. It was a fun opportunity to hang out with them.
I then headed to the water to taking care of kayaking checkouts. I ended up helping carry multiple kayaks up and down from the water. Which was unfortunate and not normal...
We then had big group games which I did not attend because my ankle was becoming quite sore again do to the earlier beach fun and carrying the kayaks... But I helped a little in the office and then sat some with one of my ladies who had also hurt herself. We were the two gimps of the group :-)
Next was dinner, service, and cabin time. Cabin time was pretty uneventful, which was nice. We then finished the evening with ice cream and fellowshipping again.
No comments:
Post a Comment