I was unable to do my elective today so Jess, went out with Laura and I helped do administrative stuff in the office. We then had lunch which was the same sandwich that they serve at every lunch... :-/
I got to spend over an hour talking with one of my new girls! It was really enjoyable and such a blessing. During big group games I helped in the office for a little while and then walked around and handed out water to all the kids. I only had one large bottle and it was interesting the different techniques the kids came up with to drink from the bottle without touching the lid. I am pretty sure it would have been easier to just pour the water in than some of the stuff. One technique that i found gross was they would cover the top of the bottle with their dirty and sweaty shirt and then drink through that, I quickly put a stop to that.They were playing capture the flag it was rather intense. I kept having to freeze sections of playing areas and not let anyone move until I had provided water. I would then back away and say go and everyone would start running like crazy!
We then had our service and then our first cabin time with my group of girls. I have some strong personalities in my group. We had an enjoyable, little tense in some parts, talk and it seems that maybe the girls are going to settle down. I have had three girls say they were going to leave in the last three days and two of them are in my group and want to leave partly because of each other :-/ I told them I did not want them to leave and then Jennifer, the assistant director, would not give them their phones she told them they would have to wait till Wednesday which was phone checkout day because wanting to go home was not a legitimate excuse to get there phones :-) I love Jennifer she is my type of lady.
No comments:
Post a Comment