July 5, 2011
I slept really well last night and then we all had a great breakfast. It was nice to have something other than the traditional Turkish breakfast, even though it is a great breakfast.
We loaded into the bus and went to Aphrodites. The temple of Aphrodite’s was here. They also had three intact stadiums, well actually one was a stadium, one was the political hall, and one was the theater. But they were all amazingly still intact and huge.
They also had a ton of statues and some of them were stuff from the Aneid, the Illiad, and the Odyssey. This was really cool to me since I have read these books a couple of times. So to relieve I was actually at the places where some of the books took place was fun.
We then stopped at a small Turkish town that sales textiles and did some shopping. After this we drove home. We got back to Antalya at 9 ish, we then hung out for a bit but we could not post pone saying good bye any longer. So with much sadness we all said good bye to fellow councilors.
No comments:
Post a Comment