Wednesday, July 06, 2011

June 30th ~Thursday

Let's see Thursday started the same as normal... With the exception of Bonkers was moved to today instead of tomorrow because of how busy Friday will be.

I had to do my elective today because Jess was needed with the hiking group. It was nice to be snorkeling again and with the kids. I had one of my girls in the group and it was her birthday so that was special. But we did not see any turtles at all in the whole two weeks and I was hoping to see them today because ot would be our last day of snorkeling. But no such luck, and my ankle really was sore by the end of it :-/

We then had lunch and siesta, oh how I love naps....but before I fell asleep Cassie and Ruthie came in and they were going to walk to one of the Bakaals to try and get something special for the birthday girl. I decided that that sounded like a good plan and went along. (there was a smudge on one of my iPad keys so I was holding it longer and just relived I can type in Turkish! That being the case tea is spelled çay and pronounced chai.) We found some little goodies and made it back in time for the end of free time.

I had a couple of my girls fill out there evaluation forms for me during free time and had some good chats with them. I also hung out with my cripple buddy in the köçh. The talk among the kids was that I was going to be a station or a medic because of my ankle. I was a station but I did not want everyone to be able to just know I was a station. So I decided to paint myself like a bonker.

At the end of free time we all went to get ready, I had one of the ladies put paint on me and the sponge happened to have a really good camo coloring. I went out at the same time as the rest of the bonkers and medics but I did not have a flour sock to hit kids. I then hid in the shrubbery and any time a kid came by where I was I would scream and act like I was about to chase them. I was the hardest station to find and I think maybe twelve kids found me the whole time and most of them were within the last 15 minutes and it was because they noticed other kids doing my station, army crawling under the köçh. So I managed to fool them all and not get hurt!

That evening we had a water related service at the beach followed by a great teaching and a move of God...:-)

We then gathered all of our girls for a bog group cabin time instead of meeting in our smaller groups. We had a birthday party / hang out time with everyone. It w a great time of fellowshipping. Bed time was earlier tonight because of all the "stuff" going on tomorrow.

No comments: