Today was a bit more busy than yesterday which was nice. I created a few spread sheets for the Sunday Services. Then worked on trying to fix Skype on the Bultema’s computers, no luck L. Then I worked on sorting cards for camp.
I was suppose to me a bunch of ladies at the Eldridges at 2:30 to go to the Haman. I left my house before 1:30 to stop at the post office and catch the bus over there. Well after the post office I decided to walk straight to the next big intersection that was only a block ahead and then follow it down to the main street and then catch the bus instead of back tracking. The street I got on did not go straight and intersect though it looped. By the time it intercepted I was at the She Mall, I will write later about the name. which is half way there. I knew we passed the She Mall on the way to the Bultema’s on the bus the other night so I knew I was in the right area but there were two possible streets that could be correct, the windows were hard to see out because of the rain last time. But I saw a bus and hopped on. It became clear that I was not on the right street. After signaling a couple of times the bus driver stopped to let me off. I then walked up a couple of streets till I was on the right street but at this point I was not sure if I had gone too far or not, I had a map but there is not a lot of street signs. I called and was able to get directions and showed up just on time. I think it would have been quicker to just walk the whole thing J All the streets I was on were well traveled by tourist and I did not stand out for those concerned.
Warning I am going to discuss the Haman, Turkish Bath, now so if you don’t want to hear skip to the next paragraph.
The Haman is a Turkish Bath, keeping with my mother’s tradition of course I had to try it out. You start out in this room that is all marble with little basins with plastic bowls. There are faucets at each basin and you douse yourself with water. Once you are soaked you then lay on this big marble slab that is in the middle of the room. The marble is hot. After a while a lady came in and said something in Turkish and one of the ladies in our party left. Then a little later another came and another left. Well eventually it was just Tressa and I, the two non Turkish speakers, We waited and waited for someone to come and get us but nobody was coming and we were getting extremely hot, I felt like a lobster and I was red enough to look like one. Tressa poked her head out and they said we could move to the other room which was cooler, we had been forgotten. A few minutes later one of the ladies that worked there had me lay back down on the marble slab. She then using a mitt scrubbed all the dead skin off. It was kind of gross how much dead skin there was. Then they use this pillow thing to put bubble all over you and give you a quick massage. I felt really clean and was very red afterwards. I think the Japanese Onsen is more relaxing, I enjoy their tubs of water you sit in, but I did enjoy the massage that comes with the Haman they should combine the two and it would be great!
We finished the evening by going to a good bye dinner, where I met up with Renata and Talya. After the dinner the three of us went home. I worked some more with Skype still with no luck other than to determine that the problem is probably the actually mic jack and not the mic itself. I then added names to the housing chart for camp, now everyone has a bed!
Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That hamman sounds legit...and intense...lol btw nancy from the library has been reading your blog and she says to say hi. Wayne also says hi.
Love and miss you!
Bre
I've been wanting to go to the hamam :)...but maybe now I won't 'cause a hot slab of marble sounds a little miserable! See you very soon, Krista. I'm leaving today!
-Christine
Post a Comment