The day started with trying to take a shower without getting
everything in the bathroom soaked. This might sound like it should be easy, but
it was not! The bathrooms here are covered in tiles both floors and walls. On
one wall there is a shower hose that does not really sit right in the thing to
hold it on the wall. So you just take a shower standing in the middle of the
bathroom with no actual shower wall or tub. I'm not sure if all the shower
holders are like this but ours would make the water go sideways which would
soak the toilet. The whole bathroom is probably 5ft by 5ft.
Anyways after that fun I went to breakfast which was good. We had
bread and goat cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, orange and strawberry jam, and
eggs. With the Turkish Chai of course. I really do like Turkish tea I might have a to
find some to bring home.
Group devotions and Olive
Grove planning was next on the day’s
agenda. Among the information we
discussed was the profile of a TCK. Hmm we/they are complicated people!
Eventually, after hours of talking and lunch we were given the
opportunity to go and just do something. I went swimming! (of course) I went
and snorkeled a little bit in the area everyone else was at, I got far enough
away to see some fish and an eel but never so far that they could not have
heard me if I needed help. It was refreshing to get some time alone and just
watch God's amazing creations. Most of the fish were small and ugly, but there was one brighter colored fish. I asked God to let a second one show up. Right before I gave up, a second one did show up! I walked the shore and looked for sea glass, I
thought of you, mom and the OR coast :-(, I actually did find some sea glass!
It is small but a very bright green.
We had some more meetings and dinner. For those that don't know I
will be helping with 9th - 10th grade girls. For electives I am going to be
helping with adventure world, which involves sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, and
rock climbing. We discussed how we planned on breaking up everything to make it
doable. Myself and another young lady will be heading up the snorkelers. This
means four days in a row we will take a group of high schoolers snorkeling
around the end of our cove into another cove where we are supposed to be able
to watch the big sea turtles. The kayakers are supposed to be somewhat close by
us. Everyone is required to pass a swimming test. Two and a half hours of snorkeling, four days in a row! Yikes!
Can you say sunscreen?
We ended the night with another devotion worship time. The lady
that shared incorporated Ps 125:1-2 in what she said. These are my life verses,
and apparently there is a song based on those verses as well. It was really
amazing!
Another highlight from the day was the session on prayer. Diny
shared about thirty second blessing style prayers, listening prayers, and how
to involve others in praying for their stuff. What she had to say was great. It
was nice to see the importance of a quick thirty seconds to pray for someone
when they have been sharing about their life. Could you imagine how nice it would
be if after you shared something you were thinking about or struggling with the
person not only said they would pray but took a few seconds to pray? I also
enjoyed the tips and techniques she gave for the other two types.
I finished the evening by watching the moon on the ocean and
thinking about the greatness of God.
Oh, a real downer to the
day was the court case. The other guy’s
lawyer brought a false claim of bribery against James. James was not allowed to share at all... They have
another court date on November 5th. Be praying for everyone involved it is a
hard thing to deal with.
No comments:
Post a Comment