Sunday, June 05, 2011

June 3rd

So yes as ya all know the third is my birthday, I had a really good birthday for all who were concerned. We had a more laid back morning at the Bultema’s then Renata and I jumped into camp planning. We then had lunch and ran to the shirt place to order shirts. The sizing here is different so I would say here I am a large, even though I am still average compared to all the other ladies. When we got back Renata had a different project she needed to work on so I laid down and relaxed.

In the evening Talya, Danny, Rhema, Tressa, and I all went to a youth girl sleep over at Cherann’s (a teacher for the kids of some of the workers here) there was eight of us total. We all made dinner, danced (yes I still can’t dance), cleaned up, worshipped, and watched a movie. It was a fun night and a good birthday full of birthday wishes. I have to say I am excited to get back to Eugene and be able to do this with my girls.

It is election season here so there are vans that drive by with the different candidates pictures blaring loud music. They drive by at least 15 times a day. Also something interesting I was told is that all the business are required to have a Turkish flag and a picture of Ataturk who is like the founder of modern Turkey.

And last but not least Christine arrived in Turkey!

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad to hear Christine arrived. Does that make the team complete? It sounds like you are getting a lot done for camp. When is the first camp?

Glad you had a happy birthday - sorry I got the date so wrong. LOL

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

OH wanted to say it is the SAME way here at election time...but now we always wonder if it is a tsunami warning or an election. ::snort::

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Glad that it was good.

Miss you!
Bre

Anonymous said...

AND here at home election time is on the rise and yuck!!!! l/p - G'Ma T