Today was a laid back day. Renata, James, and James left for Eastern Turkey to complete the tour with the people from Denver. Talya and I have been holding down the fort. I went and purchased cards and postcards. Apparently these things, especially the postcards, are not common in Turkish culture.
I went to orientation with the Eldred’s and Tressa, an intern from Wisconsin who will be here all summer with us. They taught us the dos and don’ts of working in the Turkish culture.
Something of interest that came out of this orientation was the respect with which you are suppose to treat your Holy Book. If you do not show respect to the Holy Book, then how can you respect the God behind the Holy Book? This is a different way of thinking and I think it is true that we should treat our Holy Book with much more respect.
1 comment:
I love the thought about the Holy Book - so true....we should show more respect.
Post a Comment