I started my journey Saturday evening at 7:15 ish and arrived around 9PM Sunday...
I am ten hours ahead of Oregon so it is 11 AM here on the 23rd and 1 AM there (i think the 23rd). Everyone else can figure it out from there ;-)
The flights were mostly uneventful. My domestic flight from Istanbul to Antayla was delayed. I'm still not sure why since all explanation was in Turkish. A gentleman got into a rather loud altercation with the flight attendant. It seemed acceptable to everyone for him to be bellowing. Then when we did board the flight attendant was strongly reprimanding a gentleman for hitting his wife, which is not allowed on the flight. The wife was not mentally all there and the gentleman was being rather rough with her. They seemed to be of European descent.
Something different about flying in Turkey is that everyone claps when the plane lands...
I am staying with the Bultema's for the next couple of weeks. Eventually, Christine will join me here. Tressa is staying at the house Christine and I will move to after camp. The apartment has a beautiful view of the city, the ocean, and the mountains.
The food I have had so far has been quite good, a lot of vegetables but taste. For those that were concerned about this.
I have a confession! I forgot my camera battery in Chicago, so it will be a little while before I have pictures to share :-(
That about sums up my last couple of days
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lovin the Blog! Glad the food is good ;)
Yes so far so good, but there is no ranch :-(
Post a Comment