Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It has Begun

I left last night out of Portland for O'Hare, it was a overnight flight and is usually the case on such flight quite with lots of people trying there best to sleep.

I was picked up at the air port in a long white Limo...yeah it seemed odd to me to. I guess we most get a nice discount :-) It made me miss my college group. It is a lot funner riding with a bunch of friends as compared to by yourself.

I was dropped off at the apartment building on the TEAM campus at 6:30 AM and I was ready to sleep for four hours. But to my disappointment my room key was missing :-( So I used someone else key to get into the locked hallway and left my luggage to try and find someone with a phone or information at 6:30...I did not have any luck so pink elephant and I got comfy and started to fall asleep.

But a gentleman who knew who to talk to came along and saved the day :-)

I have two other room mates... One is going to teach in Germany and the other is going to Czech Republic.

For dinner they made us all wear these long cardboard things on our arms so we could not bend our arms... so we ended up all feeding each other. It was really funny!

4 comments:

Christine Nichole said...

Oh, good 'ole cultural immersion exercises :). Great to talk to you today!

Terrah said...

I love this. Sounds like you are already getting settled in. And meeting such wonderful people so quickly! I love you and miss you sister. Keep this up, I'll be looking for posts daily. Love you!

Ev said...

Glad you made it fine - off on another adventure! When do you leave for Turkey?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes have to love them exercises :-)

Yes I am meeting people and interacting! not bad for a socially undeveloped home schooler ;-) I also miss you and look forward to talking when I get back or when you figure out skype (hint hint)

I head to Turkey on Saturday