Monday, May 23, 2011

May 20th and 21st

Sorry these are a little out of order.

hmm I am going to tell these adventures with pictures since I still had my battery for these days.

Actually it is taking forever to load and I am ready for bed so I will give a quick recap and finish loading them later.

Friday we finished orientation in the early afternoon. April and I really wanted to go to Chick-Fil-A and we had discovered there was one about 6 miles away. So we asked people if they wanted to join us. Nick said yes everyone else for some reason did not want to... We were actually allowed to use some bikes and it was only 4.5 miles not 6. The milk shake was well worth the ride.

The next morning April and I went to the Wade Center on Wheaton's Campus. They have the desk of CS Lewis and JRR Tolkein as well as the wardrobe that inspired the Lion Witch and the Wardrobe. They had a lot of other fun things by different authors as well. Pictures to follow when I can get it to work better.


3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Chick Fil A shakes. Yum.

This looks like a cool spot to visit.

Krista said...

Oh yes! they were so worth it!

Yeah it was really cool and I enjoyed it. We only spent part of an afternoon in Chicago looking around and there was so much more that we could have seen. It is free to go to the Art Museum on Thursdays and the Wade center is always free.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! So cool about the desks and wardrobe!

Bre