Friday, October 06, 2006

Update

I made it to the library again and so it is time to update but this time I’ll start with today and work backwards.
Friday, October 06, 2006 I woke up and Esther and I went to run some errands. And we are doing internet stuff right now.
Thursday, I am in charge of the food for our Saturday B, B, and Q So I worked on finding the cheapest sausage in town, and finished making potato salad. And had lunch then while waiting to get permission to buy the meat one of the youth from the youth group that just graduated came over and taught me how to restring a classical guitar. Dad did you know that one of the strings on there was an acoustic guitar sting. He also told me the difference between the two. Classical guitar necks aren’t reinforced and acoustic ones are. So the strings on a classical are nylon. And have more given. But he had to go catch a class at the college. Then Bre and I went shopping for the meats. In my search earlier I had learned that Sonnenberger had the cheapest sausage so I got directions to go there. And after all of are other shopping we headed there. I didn’t relieve that it was in the ghettos of Spokane and that it was like a fresh meat market place I don’t think I’ll be able to eat the sausages after buying them. But I heard upon coming home that they have the best sausage in town. That evening Joanne got tickets to go see “Singing in the Rain” at the civic theater, for Bre, Esther, and I. It was so fun it was the best thing I’ve watched in a long time. Then we came home and I finished restringing the guitar it was fun and now the guitars strings aren’t rusting.
Wednesday, I planed out what to buy for Saturday and finished my second level INSTE application AAAHHHH. After lunch Bre, Esther, and I went shopping. We came back and Bre and I started making the potato salad. Then we had dinner and she went to kids and I went to preschool. Courtney ( a little girl that wanted to help), Sherer (the art teacher), Trevor (2nd Yr), and I did preschool we had a blast I had forgotten how much fun they really can be.
Tuesday, all of us Masters worked on gathering stuff together for 1st orientation. That night Esther and I had Excelsior youth. We thought hey where close another that we can walk then have the boys drop us off at home afterwards. Which was a great plan except that we didn’t know how to get there and we miss understood the directions that Joanne gave us. So we ended up getting very lost and being about 15 min late. We had called Lance to tell him we would be late so they knew we would be late.
Monday we got stuff together for orientation and Esther and I went to Taikwodo and got very lost going there and we don’t know how because we knew exactly how to get there. But that was just the first of many such adventures throughout the week. (We’ve gotten lost every day) My time is up so until later bye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are very busy. Are you enjoying working with the kids? I liked all of your pictures. Did you have any trouble uploading any of them? Hollis is really getting to be a big girl. She looks like quite the character. I would bet she is rather spunky.
Love ya'
Dad

Anonymous said...

Krista-K:

How nice that you have a blog. Love seeing what is going on and imagine all the enjoyment you are having.

Also enjoyed talking to Bre's host parent, the Dr./lawyer guy.

love you tons and praying for you all daily. Praying for you parents also etc.

L/P

Krista said...

Yeah there is a ton more picture that I couldn't get to upload.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Hmmm...this getting lost thing is becoming a recurring theme. LOL I heard that Bre went the wrog way on a one way street...think I read that on someone's my space. :::snort::: Tell her she can keep no secrets from us now that she showed me how to use myspace....

The play sounds wonderful - nice of Joann to get you tickets.

Love reading your blog.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

**I don’t think I’ll be able to eat the sausages after buying them.

Awesome!! Great news! ::snort:: Actually, I made sausage this week with turkey and no gross things and everyone loves it. Yippee...sausage without gagging. LOL