Friday, October 13, 2006

Monday

On Monday we went to Pinelow which is a rope course/team building place. I was pleased to see how well everyone worked together. I also was able to tell right of the bat who the take charge I know best person is going to be this year. We had a few people who are really afraid of heights but they all managed with encouragement to make it to the top of the telephone pole (You have to climb to the top of a 30ft telephone pole then jump to a trapezes bar) and at least ½ ways across the cat walk. (A log tied between to trees also 30ft up). We actually got about a 1/3 of the team to the end of the Mohawk walk (cables stretched between trees that you walk on). But Rachel’s knee and ankle gave out because she has weak knees, so the rest of the weak she was on crutches. We finished the other three challenges. Then we went up to Waite lake camp and had dinner, cooked by g’ma Jean her meals are always Von-da-bah. Then P. Brad came up to speak that night which was great because his message tied in perfectly with what P. Nathan was going to talk about the next night. But he didn’t know that. It was all about what are you willing to give up for God.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I sure am glad I have never had to do a ropes course.....

Anonymous said...

:):) No Thanks on the tight rope walk. There was a day we might have been able to do that but sure not now. :) Bet you would have had fun at a special waterfall in the Bislig, Philippine area...... you are daring. :)