Saturday, October 14, 2006

The rest of tuesday

So my dear God letter was different this year, while writing it I relieved how many fears and insecurities I had about this year. About failing and causing those who are following me to fall as well. So I finished writing it late and had only 10 minutes to get down from the mountain. Well being true to myself I got lost but I found the road with about 4 minutes to make it so I jogged back and was very much out of breath and sweaty when I got there, but I made it. That night was Covenant night and it was awesome. Pastor Nathan talked about communion and how it related to the Hebrew marriage ceremony and he talked about the death of Christ and what we are willing to give up what are we willing to kill for the sake of Christ. We had a cross up there for are 2nd year tool and we gave everyone a piece of paper to put there name on and everything that they were going to die to on and then nail it to the cross. After handing out the papers the second years went up and did there tool which was pretty much just worship and then nailing are papers to the cross. It was really cool and Bre and I were shaking so bad from excitement at being able to do this that we both ended up smashing are figures “blush”. Then Nick got up and talked and challenged the 1st years to follow suite. I went to have communion and make my covenant this year and while down in the field I could hear as one by one they made there dissensions and nailed there papers and came down to. I realized while down taking communion that Jesus had already died for my mistakes so I didn’t need to live in fear but I could stand firm in Jesus who has cover my mistakes. We had a ton of awesome worship that night as well.

1 comment: