Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yesterday

So yesterday I actually had something to do and I was busy most the day!!! It was amazing. I went and donated Plasma in the morning. While there I heard that the weather was suppose to get up to 105 degrees. Now this stuck me as not good for a couple of reasons A) we do not have AC B) I was going to be outside in the sun most of the day. As you probably know the process of donating Plasma takes a lot of water out of your body. But the show most go on, so after finishing I went home and drank a LOT of water. I then killed about an hour and headed out. Now you might wonder where I could have been heading with such urgency on such a HOT day. Well I had volunteered to help the church out with there food booth at the fair. I arrived at the fair without getting lost and after figuring out where to park. Well figuring out the parking was a little bit weird because there where multiple parking lots that said welcome to the fair and then once you went to pull in they would say "Gotcha, you can't park here sucker." But after the third such attempt I saw the cowboys and they told me where to park. I'm not joking they had mounted security people on very pretty horses directing the parking. After walking around the fair staring at ever food booth and there personnel trying to recognize something or someone and talking to multiple people and making a phone call I located the booth. And it was the first one that I saw that I thought might be it. In other words I walked around it multiple times before noticing there aprons that said Calvary. But the reason I did not initially see there aprons was I was trying to not look like a stupid blonde staring at everyone bellies. I had a good time helping out no I did not get any ones names but I can tell you a random facts about them. I worked "the line" which means I put the food together in case you don't know. It was extremely hot and I consumed 2 bottles of water and 2 medium size cups of Sprite. I then went home and took a quick COOL shower and drank a bunch MORE water and went to work. I finished work and came home where I found a very good dinner that Bre had prepared. Now in light of the fact that mom can talk about such things I think it will be okay to comment that even with all that consumption of liquids I did not have to use the restroom I was sweating it all off. I did not take pictures but Bre and I are volunteering again tomorrow.

6 comments:

Jared said...

Sounds like a busy day! Wow, they actually had mounted police...isn't that a British sort of deal?

Anonymous said...

Going to the Fair out there is a lot of fun. Giving plasma? You do know that it takes a whole lot more food intake to re-build the plasma than you make on the money they pay you. Just thought you would like to know. At least that is what I have been told.

Love you
Dad

Krista said...

Mounted police is also a Canadian thing but I was shocked to see it. Dad my food consumption has not gone up all that much and so far it is evening out. I am making about $60 a week doing this.

Jared said...

I guess anything could happen in that town!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

YIKES - I think I'm going to begin sending you $ didn't realize you were doing this WEEKLY.

And as for the water consumption....you have a mama waiver to discuss these things. LOL

Glad you are keeping busy.

Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure do remember donating blood when the kids were little... did it about 2-3 years. I can't do it anymore due to all the meds I takes.

love/prayers --- G'M T.