Monday, August 10, 2009

Sunday

This Sunday they combined serves and had a 2 hour service instead. It was kind of odd. We had a 1/2 hour of worship and then a 1/2 hour or so of fellowship. Then we went back into the sanctuary and had Communion and a sermon...

After church there was a picnic out at some lake. Bre and I went home and grabbed are bikes and a few other items and then headed out there. It took us a while to find it since we were looking for a beach that was named after the lake. How were we to know that the name of the place was Bay Beach everyone kept saying we were going to Medano Lake. Anyway after turning around for the second time we came around a turn and there was a car in are lane coming towards us. I slammed on my breaks and the other car finished it's stupid maneuver of passing three cars on windy roads. Needless to say Bre and I just had to praise the Lord for His protection. It scared the ba gee ber out of us.

We then ate with G-ma and G-pa and rode are bikes and talked a little bit to different people. We came home I used the rest of the I-tones gift card Jamin gave me at Christmas and put the Dragon and the Raven by G A Henty on my I-pod and I went to work.




After work I grabbed Faith like Potatoes from the Red Box at Wal Mart and some Ice Cream and then went home and we watched the movie which was actually really good. It is a Christian movie and I was really shocked to find it in the Redbox when most of the movies were really bad.

Bre and I had Ice Cream after the movie and then we both automatically put water in are cups and left them in the sink. Now we never leave dishes in are sink but this just seemed like the thing to do. Habits die hard LOL.

I also spoke to the gas attendant people as they tried to fill up my car and they told me that Rhode Island used to have gas attendants to but they have now switched. This explained a lot to me since I used to speak to people from RI about the gas reward program and I never could understand why they were always so confused about how to swipe there reward card and pump there gas.

4 comments:

Jared said...

WOW, sounds like a busy day! I found your blog! haha

When did you guys get bikes???

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm glad you were safe and found the lake. I love the photos.

Ice cream cups in the sink - the bane of my existence. I can't break anyone of the nasty habit. LOL

Krista said...

I know you were always telling us to wash them but it just never seemed right to wash them lol

Anonymous said...

HI: This may be a whole lot of time late..... but I just found out your blog after you showed me last night..... Ice-cream glasses.... and now the tradition is one I have learned..... Mikhail, you, G-Pa all put them in the sink, fill then and then it is up to me later. LOVE IT! :):):)
love/prayers --- G'M T.