Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Suprise!



August 5th – Tuesday
                Almost everyone slept in today, so Arielle and I worked on preparing our room for tomorrow. We then went and sat with the three that were awake and played with the dirt, stickers, rocks and took a bike apart. As people woke up we helped a little with laundry and I think we figured out why everyone has been giving us funny looks or laughing at are laundry. Apparently you are suppose to use the tubs for rinsing and the sink for soaking and we have been doing it the other way.
                We then had a nice devotion time. Lilia told everyone about tomorrow and it was a sad thing. But it was still enjoyable to share my last devotion with them. They are all such amazing children, youth and adults. They have such a desire to know and please God.
                We then went to the grocery store to pick up some items. After groceries and lunch we started a picture project. The children/youth were making little scrapbook pages with themselves on it. Lilia headed this up, Arielle helped with cutting things out and I worked on finding pictures of a couple of the kids. Once I found the pictures I then set up the computer in the new computer lab so that we could print them.


                As this was wrapping up Arielle and I went outside and tried again to learn how to use the Rip Stick. We are getting a little better, as in if we hold someone’s hand we can actually move around. Some of them are extremely good at it.
                We noticed that everyone had left to take a shower which was unusual since it was before dinner. Arielle and I just puttered around for a little offering our services in the kitchen but everything was under control. Lilia told us the girls wanted to have dinner at their place tonight as a special treat. So we waited the designated time and then headed over.
                This is what we found….




                It was an amazing evening and we were able to talk a little with everyone, Lilia translated. We also played games and had an awesome time. Arielle said she almost started crying multiple times. We are going to miss these sweet and loving people so much! It has been a huge blessing to come and be a part of their family for the past 5 weeks.






















Oh on a humorous note we showed up before they were done and they were slightly sad because it was suppose to be a surprise. So when everything was ready they turned off all the lights, and then turned them on and yelled "Surprise!" Arielle and I had the appropriate I'm so surprised reactions.

Oh, Oh they also gave us all the pictures they made earlier in the day! As well as two matching sock monkeys! But mine is the cuter twin!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaawwww!
Bre D

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

So sweet and I'm sad you have to say goodbye but excited to see you!