August 1st – Friday
Lilia
and Arturo had some business to attend to in Arizona today so they left early
in the morning. We all had devotions which Xutchitl led. Lilia left a flower
making project that she wanted the girls to work on. After devotions we started
working on flowers, this had varying levels of success depending on how you are
going to define success. But when all was said and done we have a bunch of
flowers.
After
lunch everyone went about the normal list of heat avoiding activities, although
it really wasn’t too bad today. I decided to take a few pictures to go along
with the top ten. Some of us decided to tickle Arielle again, it is really fun
she starts pouting and saying “no buien” in a very adorable way!
Later
after Lilia and Arturo arrived home, Santiago took a group of us to the park.
As is necessary when going to this park a large group went to walk the wall. I
decided to join them this time, but apparently Anagarita has a fear of heights.
I stayed near her just in case she needed moral support. She asked to hold my
hand once but I have to admit I said no. It wouldn’t have taken much for us to
knock each other of the wall. Eventually Santiago came over and Anagarita
lowered herself and then dropped into his arms. At this point I was halfway and
everyone else had finished a long time ago so I also went ahead and dropped to
Santiago.
We then
played a game of volley ball. We almost had ALL the rules! We were serving
correctly, only touching it once in a row, not kicking it and rotating! We just
weren’t keeping it high enough. At one point after about the 3rd one
that had crossed the line at about a foot off the ground and hit right after
crossing, I might have thrown an animated fit about the height. Everyone found
this amusing but my team got the ball.
After
Volleyball it became necessary to go and play on all the spinning torture
devises that can be found at parks. They tried very hard to get Arielle and I
to participate, but we held strong that we would throw up. Since we started the
week that way, throwing up, we didn’t want to end the week that way. While they
all spun we watched, took pictures, pushed them, climbed in the different structures
and practiced some new tricks.
The picture is blurry but this is the police station
When we
got home it was ladies prayer night again. Since I have missed the last 4 I
decided to go ahead and join even though I was 45 minutes late. It seemed to be
a good prayer night. There was a nice storm going on outside. After prayer we
ate dinner and then Arielle and I locked ourselves into our room. These
introverts needed some recharge time, and it was after 9 o’clock.
Before I went to ladies prayer I went to refill my water bottle and look who followed me in ;-)
A side
thought. Today Humana started feeling 100% so she was a bundle of mischief. She
has learned that Arielle and I will take stuff out of her mouth, rocks, rubber
bands, googlee eyes, bugs… so she likes to show us that she has something in
her mouth and then clamps down and giggles as we try to get it from her. Well
Arielle was trying to fix her hair so I was playing along with her as she was
eating a rubber band. Well she kept spitting it into her hand and then would
try and sneak it back into her mouth, whenever she got it in her mouth she
would throw her head back and laugh the happiest maniacal laugh I’ve ever
heard. Later in the day Arielle was chewing a piece of gum when in a flash
Humana grabbed it out of Arielle’s mouth and put it in hers!
No comments:
Post a Comment