Ten Ways That God Moved in Our Lives
A quick note, God moved in many others lives as well. A lot of times when people get back from a mission trip they share about themselves and I hear a lot of people complaining that there not sharing how God used them. People then seem to think that the short termers just had a "spiritual vacation" that others paid for. I want you to know this is not the case for us. We both worked very hard to serve in the physical as well as the spiritual. I just don't like to share how God has used me in someone's life because that is their store to share not mine. However if you are concerned be assured that Arielle and I did touch many lives, with the help of Jesus, through service, devotions, prayer and just being silly.
God taught me the important of being dependent on Him. This
point was really brought home by my lack of independents. I was really
frustrated at first at not being able to just take off and do what I needed to
do. (Krista)
I learned a lot about surrender and trusting God to take
care of everything. I couldn’t control the situation and if I didn’t surrender to
Him and what He wanted I would have gone crazy. (Krista)
God started walking me down the path of living a life of
worship. God is talking to me about viewing everything I do as an act of
worship. When cleaning dishes or throwing up if it is in line with God’s will
it can be worship if done for Him. (Krista)
God is teaching me the importance of obedience to Him. Even
if it seems stupid and pointless, if He has asked it I have to obey. (Krista)
As I watched a ministry that was faith based, God really has
started challenging me on my level of faith/trust in Him with my material well
being. As you have probably noticed there is a common theme in a lot of mine. I
like to be independent and take care of myself. I don’t like not having a plan
to get everything done and to pay all the bills. But as I watched as Lilia and
Arturo continually would trust God and move forward in ministry not knowing how
it was going to work out. I was really challenged in my lack of faith in Him to
take care of me in the material world. I don’t have a problem trusting Him with
my safety, but for some reason I have a hard time when it come to bills. (Krista)
I watched as girls my age worshipped God wholeheartedly, not
caring what others might be thinking of them. I realized that I hadn’t been
worshipping God completely because I was afraid of what others might think of
me. Obviously, that’s not the best way to worship;) (Arielle)
I was forced out of
my comfort zone to teach a couple devotions, and learned more that way than I did
listening. (Arielle)
I also learned a lot about trusting God, even when I have no
idea what’s happening. (Arielle)
It was amazing to watch as God used me to comfort girls that
had been through so much in life. (Arielle)
Sometimes God calls us to do silly stuff that we don’t want
to do, but I made the most difference when I stopped trying to tell God what I should
be doing and just did what he said I needed to do. (Arielle)
3 comments:
Very cool: )
Bre D
Love it.
love you two, proud of you two and just PTL for all you learned. God Bless You even more. l/p 2G's T
Post a Comment