August 4th – Monday
Arielle
was up throwing up all last night, her two meals did not stay down even though
they were small. I also was awake most the night with a stomach ache. So when
this morning rolled around I breached the subject of possibly going home early.
Because Arielle hasn’t been eating and has dropped over 15lbs and everything
she does eat is not staying in her. We decided to arrange to leave Wednesday
and play it by ear and see how she was doing. Lilia found her another type of
medicine that seems to be helping a little more.
Okay so
moving on from that. I quickly noticed when I left the room that there was a
frenzy of activity, I soon learned that Lilia’s and Arturo’s youngest two
children, daughter in law, and grandson will be arriving tomorrow! Their middle
son, and his family, live in Tijuana and they went there the end of June for
his University graduation and left their two youngest with them. I’m sure my
mom can relate that you can have many children all around but if there are any
missing it can still be lonely. So everyone was frantically getting things
ready for their return and the visit of the other two.
Then in
the midst of this activity the men tackled putting up the cupboards in the
craft room and converting it to a craft/computer lab for the older children.
(School starts next week for them) This turned into a major organizing project
as many things needed to be sorted, thrown out, put away, or a new home found. This
project spilt into needing to clean and organize the sewing room. These
different projects took all day. Arielle and I went in and out and helped where
we could and just watched when there wasn’t anything to help with.
They were also busy getting ready to send a couple to Empalme to start a church and a feeding center for children there. This couple has come forward and asked to be sent even though there is nothing established. They own a piece of land but that is it. They have said that they lived homeless in Mexico City for three months and they can do it again for God. Be in prayer as they are heading out first thing in the morning.
A
few hours ago we talked to the parents and it was decided that we are going to
head home on Wednesday. We are sad to be leaving a week early as we have come
to love all the children and adults here, and are a part of the family. But we
have been told we are always welcome back, although Arielle needs to bring a pharmacy
with her. We will write more about how God has moved at another time. Please
keep the fact that we are going home quite as we are still going to try and surprise
the children it just won’t be a birthday surprise. Oh for those that don't know we were going to get home on Stacia birthday but she didn't know it and thought we were going to miss it.
6 comments:
I'm sorry you have to cut your trip short - but I'm excited to see if we can pull off this surprise. LOL
I'm also looking forward to getting you two to a clinic and having a few tests run to make sure you aren't bringing home some parasites. That water incident has me wondering.
Thus is life...
I'm with your mom. Praying for you and Arielle. So sorry she has been so sick and also Krista. Plan the surprise and love you all.
Good call DeEtta! Sorry to hear you have to come home early, but have enjoyed the posts and stories. Praying for a safe trip home for you both!
You're coming home? ! Sorry it's early but excited to see you sooner: )
Bre D
Welllllll I'm leaving Mexico early but I'm gonna spend a little time in Cali so I dont know if I'll get back to eugene much earlier ;-)
Post a Comment