Monday, September 07, 2009

Happenings

SO...
I have been hanging out and just passing time in general. Bre and I went out for coffee with Rachel and we talked about are families and I decided that her younger sister will work perfectly for Jamin (lol). We also had Rachel over later in the week and watched First Daughter. We had Donna over on Wednesday for lunch which was a lot of fun as well. I was looking at scholarships and I found another one that I thought might work so I wrote an essay and asked P. Paul to email me a letter of recommendation. But I could not get the printer to print. I went to use the Libraries but they close at noon on Fridays and it was about 1:30 PM (the scholarship had to be post marked by or on Sept 7th which is a holiday and the weekend was approaching). I called G-ma and G-pa and they said that I could borrow there printer. I headed in that direction. I chatted with them for a little bit and then printed off the stuff that I had. I had not received the email from P Paul but I had a different letter that did not quite work as well from P Josh so since I was getting worried about the post office closing and it not getting in the mail in time I headed to the UPS store (the one we used mom). While there P Paul called and said that carol had just emailed the letter to me. I asked and was told that they did not close until 6:30PM. I went back to G-ma's and G-pa's and messed with the letter. I could not get the attachment to open I tried installing the updates and every possible thing that I could think of but the only thing that it would show was P Paul's name. So Carol emailed it to me in the actual body of the email. G-ma and set out to go and mail the stuff and to swing by Goodwill. We decided to go to the real Post office that was by the Goodwill and they had just closed. But it was okay we still had time to stop at goodwill and then get back to the UPS store. We found what we needed at Goodwill in record time I have to say. When we got to the UPS store I was told that the mail man had just come by and picked up the mail and he would not come again until Tuesday. I told her that I had to have my package post marked before Monday. So after much discussion she stamped it for today and then told me to take it to the drop off at Gateway because they did not pick up there until 9 PM. This is what we did. Talk about doing something the hard way lol.

G-ma and went back to there place and we ate a very nice dinner and then watched a old James Bond movie. Well actually G-pa and I watched the movie and tried to hear over the dogs and G-ma. I love watching movies with them it is so amusing.

Bre and I were going to go to the Saturday market with G-ma. But it was raining so instead we went groceries shopping and Bre made cookies. I called JoAnn and talked with her for a little bit she is recovering slowly but surely from her last surgery.

On Sunday they were only having one service. Bre and I volunteered to with the children which was a lot of fun Bre helped in the nursery and I helped upstairs. We then went over to A Sherries house (they were out of town with the church camp out and had left there house key with Bre and I so we could go and hang out, out there house if we wanted). She had told us that we could pick some corn, apples, and pears if we wanted to. So we took them up on there very kind offer. After we finished there we went to G-ma' and G-pa's house and had dinner (it was very good). After dinner we played a couple of games which was a lot of fun. We then went home and I went to work and Bre went to a worship night at the Smiths.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Sounds like you are all busy and happy. Great photos, fun to see.

Jared said...

School starts pretty soon here....enjoying those last few weeks of summer! lol