Saturday, September 30, 2006

So, being secretary was fun but also pretty boring. But I got through. I did Preschool with Trevor and a couple ladies from the church at night. I was so hyper but that was alright because there were a lot of little kids so it worked out good actually. And then the moment we had all been waiting for 2nd year orientation. Pastor Nathan came in and said that Masters was dead that it had died over the summer. Which was weird but very good? So wed. Night we had a funeral for Masters. The staff did a real good job at keeping in character if they had broken out of character it would have just been funny. But they didn’t so it was actually very serious and in your face it made me really think about what I had done to kill Masters. We were also told that we weren’t aloud to talk to each other or ask questions for the next 21 hr. which maid the ride home with Esther and the next morning interesting.
Thursday we talked about what it was that killed Masters and about the vision for the new Masters. We went to the hospital to see the new born babies and to pray. There actually weren’t any babies in there till the very end. But Bre staid upstairs in that wing of the hospital (the rest of us wondered) and the nurses were about to take her into custody. But she managed to convince them that she wasn’t there to swipe a baby. We then had lunch and went up to the top of Mt. Spokane and prayed for a little bit. After that we broke for dinner and were all going over to P. Nate’s at 6:30 for Nicks Birthday and to hang out. But P. Nate got sick so us girls took the cake and went and picked up some cheap funny card for him and we went to the Mod (the Mod is a small house in the church’s parking lot that the boys live in) girls aren’t allowed in the Mod so we had his party on the front porch (everything we tried to go do was closed or opened to late).
Friday, we talked logistical things so we know what are job descriptions are Bre is the Children’s coordinator, Esther is the office manager and point guard coordinator. Lance in Evangelisms, Trevor is Multi Media, I am Academic. We had all pretty much had all of that guessed so no big surprises there. Then the boys went to go pick some stuff up and us girls started collecting stuff for covenant night. We all went to P. Nate’s for lunch and after lunch had a real good time of prayer for each other and next year with him and us five. We all broke for dinner. Bre took Esther and me to her house for dinner so we could meet her host family. They are really nice and she will fit in great. We then went to P. Nate’s just to have fun.
Saturday today we get off so Esther and I came to the library to get online YAY. Now I will try to post this but we will see if it works.

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Yippee!!! Thanks for updating us! Sounds like it has been a very busy and eventful first few days back in town. Praying for all of you with your new responsibilities.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Krista, for updating. enjoying hearing about how things are getting going. Academics? Sounds like your cup of tea.

Love ya'
Dad

Krista said...

Yes I cant say that I didn't see it coming because I did I was already helping out around here.