Saturday, April 16, 2016

Life Update and a Return to Mexico

Hello,

I hope life has been treating all ya all well. I’ve been busy watching the Lord bring about His plans. This last year has been a full and fulfilling year for me. I continue to work with the same young lady (she has brittle bones disease) as a 1:1 she is in seventh grade now. I love this job and the access to America’s youth that it provides. I have also continued to run the children’s ministry at my church. This is a rewarding ministry. I have also recently started a middle school youth ministry. This is still small and has been a bit of a struggle to get off the ground, but it has been great to watch the Lord at work in the few youth that I do have coming. A big change that has taken place is I’m now renting a house with Arielle, younger sister, and Kati, a young lady who was in the youth group when I was a youth worker. They have been a joy to live with, if not just a touch quirky. Another large change for me is that after a couple of false starts at the next steps for me, I believe I have it figured out. I’ve started classes to get a Masters of Divinity with an emphasis in Military Chaplaincy. I plan on using that degree to become a Air Force Chaplain. This vision was first birthed in 2005 and I have let it lay dormant until recently. I’m excited to see what the Lord will work out as I try to faithfully follow Him down this road. One of the other ministries I have the honor of helping with is leading the mission trip to Mexico. This will be the third time I have gone and the second time I had the privilege of taking a team, from my church, too Imuris Kid’s Kingdom. 
Imuris Kid’s Kingdom is a non profit orphanage that is credentialed through Open Bible. They opened their doors fifteen years ago to the children of Mexico. Imuris Kid’s Kingdom normally has around thirty children staying with them. This orphanage is run like a large family. Imuris Kid’s Kingdom is also a community center and a support for the local single moms. The youth that live there are placed there by the government, taken out of abusive homes or off the streets. Imuris is also unique in that they are one of few orphanages that will gladly take teenagers, because of this a large percentage of their children are teenagers.
This summer I’ll be taking a team back to Imuris Kid’s Kingdom to put on a Vacation Bible School (VBS) for the children/youth at the orphanage and the local children/youth. It is my pleasure to be able to teach the young ladies at the VBS. We will also help with some services and outreaches. We also participate in the ministry of “being,” showering the children, youth, and adults with the love of God.
You can help in three ways. The most important way is to be praying for us. We need all the prayer coverage that people are able to provide. The second way that people can help is financial donations, these can be sent to Lively Stone Fellowship with my name marked on it. (3791 Pattison St Eugene OR 97402 (Tax ID number 90-0345290 (donations are tax deductible))). The last way that you can help is with cans and bottle donations. We are continually returning cans and bottles.

Best Wishes,
Krista Goecker

(541) 337-7320
Kristinagoecker@newhope.edu
Follow me at: awalkinthewild.blogspot.com

No comments: