Friday, November 17, 2006

Ignite

Hi everyone sorry about the long absence in writing I am still alive. SO last Monday and Tuesday we scrambled like mad people to finish getting ready for Ignite. On Tuesday evening we had Excelsior youth which is a correctional facility here in Spokane, that some of us go to. Well we have been going for 6+ months with no major response but last Tuesday Lance asked if anyone would like to except Jesus and 4 people did and 2 others recommitted there lives. So that was awesome and then on Wednesday AM we took off for Eugene to do Ignite. We were doing a service that night at Calvary and usually when we get places after a bus trip you have a little time to clean up so we all got on the bus ready to travel and found out after taking off that we weren’t going to have time to clean up so we were all doing are hair and putting makeup on and changing all along the way. But when I went to do my hair at one of are stops there was no plug-ins but across the street there was a Burger King that some people were going over to get some food from so I went with them to use the Bathrooms there but there was no plug-ins in there bathrooms either but there was one outside of the bathroom so that is the one I used so Rena did my hair for me in Burger King there was a couple people that could see us and they were staring at us like they had never seen anyone do there hair in Burger King before. J But we got to Calvary which is where we were doing the service for the youth group and we ran though the human video/skit (mask) a couple times and then the kids were showing up. We didn’t make it through Mask this time without injuries either so are “good luck” is still working. Nick got hit in the face pretty hard. But I didn’t get the wind knocked out of me this time YEAH I only bruised my elbow. The service itself was really good I enjoyed the youth and I could tell that I have changed because I wasn’t hiding from the youth. We got to see are family which was really fun and exciting. Then we have Thursday on Thursday we set up Lighthouse for Ignite one of the things we did was hang up these banners from the ceiling which was kind of nerve racking but it all looked good when we were doe and we had no major injuries. Aunt heather stopped by and took Bre, Esther, and I to see G-Pa it was a fun visit. After that we all went out to eat and just talked with Aunt Heather, then we went and visited with G-Ma. After that we went back to the church and crashed. Friday the youth conference began and it was great the speaker Troy Jones rocked the house they did an altar call and it was amazing watching not only the kids but also the first years as they all came out of there boxes and started interceding for the kids. It was also amazing to stand back and just watch all the kids (650) worship. Saturday was also had rocking speaking from Troy J and also Vaughwood they both did a great job and it was really amazing just watching as hearts were changed and people were set free you would also have the 1st years come up to you all excited about what they were seeing. It was all in all just a real amazing time. We did are human videos on Saturday both went really well and we had no major injuries YYEESS. We took everything down that night which actually went pretty fast. Sunday: on Sunday morning the first years headed home with the youth group while the 2nd years and staff and a couple alumni stayed back to do Total Praise for the morning services at Calvary. We were all exhausted but we got up there the first time and did it and it was good. But after the first service we all had no strength the team looked awful. We had people that were sick and people that were injured and no one had anything to give. And we had nothing left to give of ourselves so we just got up there and gave it all to God and I’m telling you the 2nd time when we had nothing was much better than when we had a little left whether or not the church could tell I don’t know and I don’t really care for us doing it, it was like a breath of fresh air, that whole worship time was so refreshing and worth it all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PTL for the Excelsior youth who came to the Lord. We were sure proud of you and Bre and what we saw of your companions. As to hair doing in a Burger King...I would be to scared etc.

Loved the worship you did in church and so did everyone else. Their response in their own praise was great.

proud of you both and love/prayers

Anonymous said...

Wow. You all have been very busy. I bet it was nice to see family. I liked the story of doing your hair in the BK. I bet the management had never seen anyone do that before.

Love ya'
Dad

Krista said...

G-ma what does PTL mean?